Jointing is an important aspect of the installation process and should be done properly to make sure the surface stays in place, looks best it can and is safe for everyday use.
1. When unrolling and aligning the rolls, make sure the pile runs in the same direction.
2. Fold the edges of both rolls approximately 300mm inside to make the cut to the edges and roll out the jointing tape.
3. Carefully cut the excess on the edges of the rolls, around 3 inches is fine.
4. Unroll the joining tape down the middle of the join with the shiny side down and gluing side up. Fix at either end with a nail or adhesive if required.
5. Unfold the grass on to the jointing tape and bring together making sure there is a small 2 -3mm gap. Make sure it is not too tight or have too much of a gap or the seam will be of a poor quality.
6. Lightly apply pressure to the seams and disperse the adhesive, keep pressure applied to the seam throughout the installation process or wait for it to dry before finishing.