To Replace An Existing Lawn.
1. Ensure that the area has suitable drainage
2. Remove the existing lawn using a turf cutter to a depth of around 2″
3. Completely level off the area
4. On the level area apply 25mm of grit sand with 50mm of grit sand; the area needs to be firm but porous
5. Level the area again and compact the surface with a Wacker Plate
6. We recommend that the base is covered with a Weed Barrier to prevent the growth of weeds
7. Unroll your new AstroWarehouse artificial lawn, establish the pile direction is correct (you should be looking into the pile) lay it over the base and carefully cut into the boundary
8. Finally & only under dry conditions, dress the lawn with silica sand (approx 8kgs per sqm) and brush into the pile with a stiff or mechanical brush. This will anchor the grass down (use more in the edges to prevent them lifting)
Joining Artificial Grass
1. Make sure the pile of each carpet are running in the same direction.
2. Lay the two surfaces next to each other pile up & butt the edges together.
3. Fold both edges back approx 1″, and then trim each join edge, removing the rough edge. 4. Lay the joint tape up the centre of the join.
5. Apply a zig zag line of glue along the cloth, and then apply another line of adhesive up each side of the zig zag, onto the cloth.
6. Fold one side of the artificial grass onto half of the cloth Fold the other side onto the cloth, ensuring that the two pieces butt up to each other all the way up the seam.
7. Firmly press the seam area to allow good adhesion & leave to dry.
8. Once completely dry apply silica sand as said in the fitting instructions.